2011-11-01

Happy Birthday Brother

Halloween has been re-named Donnieween in our house. It's Donnies Birthday on Halloween. I miss him soooo much. I was blown away today thinking he would be 43! It's been 10 yrs since he was killed and i can hardly believe it. I tell you, in the best brother category, he was a winner! Sheesh, i miss him so much! So all day yesterday, i was thinking about Halloween over the years. We always had a special meal for our b-day and Donnie always picked something like chili dogs or beef stew...then we would have jello cake with cool whip on top. Donnie always had the best b-day because trick-or-treating was his party! A costume party every year! (I never got a party...boooo) We would take our pillowcase out and fill it up! My dad would be waiting with his empty coffee can to fill up from out loot! I hated that!
As we got older, into high school, all the kids would come over and we'd get ready to go out to a party, telling my mom we were going to the Elks lodge...then all the kids would stumble home with us and crash. The next morning my mom would make everyone sit at the table for Bible study. She would say, "I can smell booze all over you kids, you cant fool me!" Why on earth were we allowed to go the next year? then, as adults, we would go to the local lounge and go dancing. Donnie loved to dance. We boogied down until the place closed. Halloween will always be Donnieween!Happy Birthday Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment