2012-01-17

Stuffed Ronzoni Shells


This is something i put together today with ingredients i had in the house on my quest to make a cow fat low cal meal that made me feel like i was cheating! So this is what I came up with and it was delicious! So here's what i did....i dont measure things, but i'll guestimate...

3/4 a box of Ronzoni pasta shells
cook 'em up, rinse in cold water

mix up about....
1 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
1/4 c. grated parmesan
3 mushrooms, diced
1 1/2 c. fresh chopped spinach
3-4 dashes of Mediterranean seasoning

stuff shells with mixture
put in baking dish
pour Classico olive & mushroom marinara sauce over the top
top with shredded mozzarella
sprinkle with basil and black pepper
Bake @ 350* for 25 min, turn off oven and let sit until cheese is browned around the edges.

Makes 10 portions
120 calories
4.5 g fat

Use fat free ricotta and low fat part skim mozzarella and take it down to 2 g. fat and around 90 calories per serving. AMAZING!!!



1 comment:

  1. I would normally make my own sauce too, but i had this, so i used it! its the best in jars in my oppinion!

    ReplyDelete