2011-05-02

Soup Frenzy!!!

Soup is divine. I am a soup-a-holic! I love it so much, I make it a few times a week. It's just so hearty and makes you feel so loved! I can remember the feeling I had when my mom would make soup. I really loved the time and effort she put into her chicken noodle soup. It was so delicious and hearty! I remember thinking I was going to make soup for my kids, and I do:)

Right now, for breakfast, I am enjoying a vegetable soup (leftover form a meeting Saturday night) I raided my fridge and it turned out great! I really enjoy making "Refrigerator Soup" or "Pantry Soup" This time, I had some great veggies in the frige, so it was hearty and delicious! Here's the recipe:
Dice all veggies (I use about 1/4 cup of each except for carrots and celery I use 1/2 c. celery and tons of carrots)
Onion
Celery
Red Pepper
Carrots
Patty Pan Squash
Purple Potato (or any kind)
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Eggplant
Kale
Asparagus
Peas
a big handful of ABC pasta
1 can petit diced tomatoes
1 tbs pesto
2-3 tbs tomato bouillon
salt to taste

boil everything except pasta on a low boil for an hour or so, add pasta and continue until pasta is done.

I love cream soups and chowders & clear soups....all of them! I love them!
If you have a recipe you want to share and add to my soup lst, I would love it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment