2011-03-25

The Prayer of Jabez

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. 1 Chronicles 4:10
Lord, bless me today indeed! Give me work to do for You today! Help me to not be sinful or cause others to hurt, protect me form evil! Amen!

I try to pray this prayer every day. Sometimes I forget and I dont know why because it is true that whenever I pray it, I am blessed! The blessings are always amazing! Sometimes it's a word of wisdom from the Lord that I can share to help someone, sometimes it;s a dream or vision, sometimes its He shows me someone is pregnant, sometimes it;s a financial blessing or a gift...it's always something special and I love the blessings of the Lord! He wants to bless us! He wants us to ask Him for gifts and Blessings! I encourage you to pray this prayer with me and share with people what blessings the Lord has bestowed upon you! I promise, it works! God has SO many gifts he wants to give us, yet we dont ask...start asking! See wht gifts the Lord wants to give you!

March 24th

One blessing today I received was from Cameron's Oral Surgeon. They called out of the blue and lovingly gave us a 50% discount on his up-coming surgery! I have saved 800$ for the surgery but needed to come up with 800$ more. I was unsure how that was going to happen, but God took care of that! Our total bill will be 750$ What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. I have not prayed or read the prayer of Jabez even though I think the practice is valid. Not that there is a "formula" attained, or God honoring this prayer any more than another. The importance is acknowledging God's providence in our life and acknowledging God's moving on our behalf and through us to bless others, which in turn provides us a blessing.
    What we take time to put into our thoughts we are more equips and prepared to see God moving. Thanks Jessica for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right...this prayer is a reminder to me, i dont believe the prayer itself is what gives me the Lords blessings, I know I would receive His blessings regardless, but my praying this daily, I am reminded to SEE Gods blessings in my life and take a more detailed note of them:) and You are welcome:)

    ReplyDelete