2012-05-31

San Jose del Cabo

Day 1

After the shock wore off that Larry's passport didn't arrive and I would be traveling alone until he could get here, i packed my bags with anticipation for the days to come. Cameron dropped me at the airport at 5:30 am, it was tough saying goodbye to him because I knew i was leaving all of my responsibilities on him. He volunteered to care for the kids and the house  but that burden along with full-time school is not light, so the mommy in me teared up. Not to mention the worry I had with all of the danger traveling to Mexico and me going alone.....so i got to my gate and waited. The woman across from me kept staring at me with a shitty look on her face. I dont know what she was thinking...maybe she didnt like fat people. On the plane i sat next to a young kid with an empty seat between. I was sad thinking Larry should be there:( It was really my seat, but i was hoping Larry's ticket hadn't sold and we could have some space. Finally a man came up and said, "I think that's my seat" i said, oh darn, it was going to be my husbands but he couldn't make it,he didnt get his passport..it's our 20 yr anniversary... ok" He said, i'm a stand by, i work for the airlines, there's a seat in the back I can take, I dont want to take the place of your husband" so nice! so the kid next to me started talking to me. He was from France, traveling alone all over the country and now was on his way to Montreal canada to accept a job. Hi dad lives in Greece, his mom in Morocco, or maybe the other way around. We chatted the whol flight ot San Francisco. He was a great kid. Before we parted he asked if he could have a mother's hug for he missed him mom desperately. Of course!
I had an hour to kill in San Fran. I enjoyed listening to the people over the intercom trying to pronounce all the foreign names! The bathroom were so small there, like 6 stalls and the lines were long. I hate pooping in public bathrooms, especially in that atmosphere. You could locate where the poop smell was coming from and had to walk out and face the crowd! I laughed sinisterly as i walked out of my stall.
On the flight into Mexico i had to sit in-between two guys. I apologized when i had to tell them i would be squishing in. One guy, aroung 65, window side, thought he was all that and a bag of chips! He flirted with me through the flight as I continually took his ego down a notch with every inappropriate thing he said. The kid on the isle, i think i may have seen him on America's most wanted. By the end of the trip we talked a lot and he was very nice. Traveling to meet up with his family for his sisters 30th birthday....or so he says....haha
I got to the airport, hopped ona  bus and came to Las Mananitas. I walked in the room and a smile a mile wide has been on my face ever since! So beautiful! It looks like it's right out of a James bond movie! for real!!!
I walked throu the villa, picked my room, got the internet going, chatted, then took a bath to sooth my weary body and soul. As I sat in the bubbly bath, i felt like a bride preparing for her groom. This time alone will be special and make Larry's arrival all the more.
I went to the Supermercado to get some groceries. It was 6 pm and I hadn't eaten at all. Two ploice officers asked me if they could buy me drinks...hello, some white people speak Spanish too dumb dumbs! They were pretty shocked when i gave them "the Look"
So i came back, climbed in bed, fb-ed my heart out and fell asleep...for the first time in i dont remember when, i slept uninterrupted for 8 hours!!!!



DAY 2

Woke up, the sun was shining in off the sea, i almost thought I was dreaming! I got up and went for a swim. The pool was perfect! I spent the rest of the day preparing for Larry to get here. I took a long bubble bath, falling asleep even, i felt like a bride preparing for her groom. I realized the 24 hours we spent apart was actually nice. It brought on much anticipation! I couldnt wait to see him and share this place with him!

Larry got here around 7. His plane was delayed in San Francisco. It was so fun seeing him show up all the way in Mexico! So romantic! I wont be writing about the rest of the evening:)

DAY 3

We went into San Jose and walked around the shops. We bought a Christmas ornament, a tradition we started on our honeymoon. We drove into Cabo San Lucas and went to Costco then stopped at MEGA the supermercado for a few more odds and ends where we almost signed up for one of those hotel tours. If you sign up they give you excursions and dinner cruises for free. When the guy was going over things, i had a panic attack! That has never happened to me before! I dont know why, but it was obvious we wernt supposed to go on this tour in Cabo San Lucas. so we went back to the hotel went for a walk on the beach, a swim in the pool and cooked up some steaks!

Day 4

We went for a walk on the beach, about 2 miles down. It's so cool watching the manterays jump! We also went to the other condo of Lloyd & Debbies at Tortuga Bay, it was unbelievably beautiful! Our minds were blown away! Now we're heading to The Hangmans for tacos. Darla & Barbara both tell me it's the best!!!

Day 5

Went in to Cabo and toured the Port of Cabo, shopped for the kids and had fish tacos. One of the highlights was a trio of guitar players who sang Spanish Eyes at our table. They were amazing and it was romantic. We had a few interesting moment too. One guy tried to sll us drugs, we saw a drug deal and a couple where the guy left the table and the gal was coming on to the waiter! The taxi ride home was CRAZY!!!!!! The guy drove so fast!!!! I was terrified!

Day 6

Ellen & Mark Johnston came over for dinner with their daughter Cynthia and her riend. They were staying in the condo next door! Kinda crazy! It was fun seeing friends from the USA in Mexico! We enjoyed their company and had a great evening.

Day 7

We took in the day! Savored every moment! We found a little pizza place tha tmade awesome pizza and enjoyed some good food.  Home tomorrow!

Day 8

We got all packed up and ready to go. We got gas in the car, stopped at a lookout and watched the surfers, then went to wash the car where a guy who worked there helped us. We were able to share the Lord with him, that was super cool!
Good bye Mexico, we enjoyed you immensely!

This is the short version, i wanted to write about everything, but those things are stored up in my heart. I may come back and fill in the blanks here, but for now, i will treasure them within myself. This trip was a trip of a lifetime! It is so far, my favorite memory of my entire marriage!





No comments:

Post a Comment