2011-07-07

My personality!

I am someone who is probably an over communicator most of the time...what I mean by that is, I share too many of my thoughts and feelings, sometimes more than i should...but for the most part, I think its a good thing...so that gets me looking around and noticing that a lot of people hold things in and let it fester! I am definitly not willing to let things fester! The word fester makes me throw up a lil in my mouth! Conflict resolution is a must have in my life! I love to work things out no matter how hard and get along with people! But once in a while you get that person that just cant let go so no matter what you do to try and resolve things, they hang on and cant let go..in that case, i just pray.....
Having a comanding personality, I find it easy to speak my mind and say the things i think outloud! I feel no discomfort whatsoever in sharing my views, thoughts and feelings. Once I have formed an opinion, I feel the need to share it with people! And clarity is a must for me! I need to be forthright and also challenge others to be like minded, I want to hear what they have to say! Although I tend to be a bit intimidating, and others might feel a bit nervous to share, for fear they may not like my response...i try to go easy and have good boundaries, but that isnt always what ends up happening...I am taken the wrong way at times and i understand why...so i try to show that person, sometimes over time, that i am harmless...however, if they want to jump into a non offensive, very opinionated debate, bring it on! i love it! but only if i can say whatever i want and the other person knows not to take it personal...I value peoples opinions and love hearing their way of thinking and have them challenge mine!
So all that being said, becasue I am the way I am...people tend to think I rule over my household and control my family...that is so not true! People tend to think of Larry as a soft spoken, meek, mild man...that is a misjudge! He is definitly the leader of our home and I fully respect him and take comfort in knowing I can trust that he is making good decisions for our family. The fact that he puts up with me and enjoys my boldness...and allows me to be me makes him a great leader!
I am who I am and I like who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment