2011-01-16


I was thinking of summer as I sit in all this damn rain...and the thoughts of summer salads are turning in my brain as if on a lazy susan. This one in particular makes my mouth water...chick-pea salad with fresh torn basil, vine ripened summer tomatoes, sweet white onions sliced into tiny strips, dices of cucumber fresh from the garden, and fresh squeezed lemon juice to add flavor explosion to a mix of deliciousness! then....stuffed into a toasted pita smeared with roasted red pepper hummus and topped with fresh crunchy alfalfa sprouts....ahhhh....June, hurry your ass up!

5 comments:

  1. Okay,my mouth is watering...can't wait for summer food,can't wait for summer period! P.S. wasn't one of your New Years resolutions to stop cussing?! hehe;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, summertime!! I was so bummed not to have any fresh basil for our Christmas pizza, now I want some even more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. WORD. That sounds heavenly! Bring it on, man. I'd be at your house in a heartbeat if that was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will you send me something delicious...i want some of your home cookin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do you send food to Colorado? Tell me how and i'll cook something for you:)

    ReplyDelete